I have to constantly remind myself why I want to lose weight, because I completely forget when I’m in a pre-binge state.
- Feel good about myself
- Be healthy
- Be a positive role model for my daughters
- Be proud of the way I look
- Fit into smaller clothes
- Have more energy
- Not have my thighs rub together so much when I wear skirts or dresses! I was reminded of this yesterday…ouch.
- Feel in control
- Enjoy food without going overboard
- Not be ashamed of myself
- Like the way I look in pictures, especially with my family
I’ve noticed that some of these reasons sound more healthy and some sound a bit narcissistic, but I think I’ll feel a whole lot better about myself if I do get back to a healthy weight.
At my Weight Watchers meetings a few weeks ago we talked about having an “anchor”. Something you could hold, think about, say, or remember to remind you of what you are striving for. I still haven’t been able to choose one…what’s your anchor?